The date for this year’s show will be Sunday, 4th of September 2016
The venue will be the Trading Hut
A picnic will follow, depending on the weather
Exhibitors must be members of PACA or their immediate family and they must have paid their membership dues in full for the current year.
- In awarding PACA prizes, points are awarded as follows:
|1st place||4 points|
|2nd place||3 points|
|3rd place||2 points|
|Highly commended||1 point (at the judge’s discretion)|
The overall winner shall be the person with the highest number of points. The judges will also award a Best In Show Award, which shall be at the Judges’ discretion.
Prizes are as follows:
For a 1st place, £1; for a 2nd place; 50p; for a 3rd place; 25p; for Best Looking Plot, £5; for Best in Show, £2.50; for Overall winner, £5. Prizes shall not be paid in cash, but shall be by way of credit to be used at the PAGS Trading Hut. An account shall be set up for the winners and administered by the Trading Hut operators. The prizes cannot be redeemed in any other way.
- In the event of a tie, the exhibitor with the most 1sts will be deemed the winner. A ‘Novice’ shall be an exhibitor not having won a 1st in any class in a previous year of this show.
- No commercial growers are allowed to compete.
- All exhibits must be the produce of the exhibitor’s own allotment. PACA reserves the right to inspect or examine an allotment before and after the show and to retain any exhibit in the event of an inquiry.
- No person, except those officially engaged, shall be allowed in the hall during the judging.
- The judges’ decision shall be final
- Each exhibit is to have an official entry card on it. These are available in the Trading Hut. It is helpful to name the variety however “unknown” or “own seed” is acceptable.
- Exhibits must not be removed other than by an authorised show official.
- Any matter not provided for in the foregoing rules shall be decided by a majority of the committee.
- PACA will not be responsible for any loss or accident at the show.
- An Unusual Vegetable (Class 28) is a vegetable not described in classes 9-26.
- An Unusual Flower (Class 7) is a flower not described in Classes 1-6.
- The tallest sunflower will be judged by measuring the sunflower in situ on the plot, with a measuring tape.
- The Best Shed will be decided at the Judges’ discretion.
- The Judges’ decisions will be final.
An entry fee of 20p per exhibit to be paid to the show secretary, Chantelle Ludski, on the day of the show.
Staging of Exhibits
Staging of exhibits will be between 8:00am and 10.30am on the day of the show. No exhibits will be permitted to be staged after 10.30am.
Judging of Exhibits
Judging of exhibits will take place in the Trading Hut from 11.am to 1pm.
NO ENTRY WILL BE ALLOWED TO THE TRADING HUT DURING THIS TIME
Removal of Exhibits
Any exhibit not removed after 3.00pm will be disposed of by the Pitshanger Allotments Committee.
Application Forms can be obtained from the Trading Hut or a PDF version can be downloaded Here.